I know it is not a revelation, but there is no National League hitting equivalent of Miguel Cabrera.
NL Home and Away stars
The closest we can find in terms of home and away hitting in the NL, is the Brewers Carlos Gomez who is hitting .362 in Milwaukee and .378 away from home.
The top three hitters at home in the NL are:
- The Reds' Shin-Soo Choo hitting .414 in Cincy (.254 on the road).
- Rockies teammates Michael Cuddyer and Troy Tulowitzki are hitting .408 and .390 respectively in Colorado
We expect, and understand, hitting success in Colorado which is what makes Wilin Rosario's .417 road batting average, the best in the NL, fascinating. But what makes it truly amazing is that he is only hitting .184 at Coors.
The guys who prefer the road to hit are:
- Chris Johnson is hitting .387 away from Atlanta.
- Paul Goldschmidt is hitting .386 away from Arizona.
- Joey Votto is hitting .368 away from Cincinnati.
- Starling Marte is hitting .353 away from Pittsburgh.
Equal opportunity batter
Jean Segura is hitting .333 at home/.333 on the road. Segura is the only NL batter within four points on his home and away averages.
Some numbers of note
- Adam LaRoche is hitting .091 in Washington, the worst home batting average in the NL.
- Rickie Weeks is hitting .095 away from Milwaukee, the worst road batting average in the NL.
- B.J. Upton is hitting .133 in Atlanta and .159 away.
- Ike Davis is hitting .176 in New York and .167 away.
- Matt Kemp is hitting .189 in LA and .328 away.
- Lucas Duda is hitting .200 in New York and .308 away.
- Andrew McCutchen is hitting .316 in Pittsburgh and .182 away.
- Jimmy Rollins is hitting .275 in Philly and .185 away.
- Alfonso Soriano is hitting .333 in Chicago and .200 away.
- Jedd Gyorko is hitting .333 in San Diego and .203 away.
- Buster Posey is hitting .360 in San Francisco and .204 away.
- Starlin Castro is hitting .329 in Chicago and .224 away.
- David DeJesus is hitting .347 in Chicago and .224 away.
- Carl Crawford is hitting .377 in LA and .241 away.
- Bryce Harper is hitting .370 in Washington and .255 away.
- Pete Kozma is hitting .216 in St. Louis and .297 away.