Bill Chuck - Managing Editor | Monday, November 12, 2012 at 12:01PM
Periodically, I will look at the current free-agent class.
Here's Nine to Know about Mike Napoli
- Napoli hit .227 in 2012, .093 less than 2011.
- In 2012, Napoli saw 869 fastballs and hit .240 off of them. He saw 325 sliders and hit just .121 off of them.
- Napoli is one of 16 batters who have had 20+ homers each of the last five seasons.
- Napoli struck out 125 times in 2012, which is 30% of all of his plate appearances; he whiffed once every 2.8 at bats.
- Napoli came to the plate with 283 runners on base and only 33 scored, a rate of 12%.
- In 2012, Napoli hit .243 with the bases empty, .211 with runners on, .245 RISP, .189 2 outs/RISP.
- In 2011, as a catcher, Napoli 's pitchers had an 3.16 ERA. In 2012, it was up to 4.32 to boost his lifetime ERA to 4.29.
- He allowed 42 steals and caught 11 baserunners, a percentage of 21%, dropping his lifetime number to 24%.
- Napoli can catch, play first, and DH.
Here are his numbers from 2012:
Here are his career numbers:
|as PH for DH||4||3||0||1||0||0||2||1||1||.333||.500||.333||.833|