Bill Chuck | Saturday, September 1, 2012 at 10:20AM
Here are nine questions that demand your attention.
- Will the Orioles be demanding that today be declared August 32?
- Was August an indicator for the Pirates?
- Have the 2013 turn-arounds for Kansas City and San Diego already begun?
- I know Yovani Gallardo was 5-0 with a 2.02 ERA and 1.07 WHIP in August, but wouldn't you agree that Felix Hernandez, with a 4-0 record and a 1.08 ERA and a 0.58 WHIP was the pitcher of the month? In 41.2 innings, he allowed 19 hits and just five earned runs; the Red Sox allowed 19 hits and 20 runs in eight innings to the A's last night.
- What does Derek Jeter have in common with catchers Kelly Shoppach, Brayan Pena, and Jose Molina? Jeter had 43 hits in August, the same number of hits that each of the catchers have had this entire season.
- Is Terry Francona headed for the Indians dugout as their next manager?
- The Rays pitchers allowed 2.46 runs per game in August, how can they not be the most feared team if they make the postseason?
- How thrilled is Atlanta's Brian McCann to turn the page to September? His .181 average was good compared to his zero homers and two RBI in 72 AB.
- July 23 was the last day the Tgers were in first place by themselves in the AL Central, when are we going to start raving about the work about Kenny Williams and Robin Ventura this season?