Bill Chuck | Monday, September 3, 2012 at 12:27PM
- With the Reds 5-3 win over the Astros yesterday, the Reds now have 82 wins guaranteeing them a .500+ season for the 67th time since their first season in 1882 when they went 55-25.
- No NL team has hit more homers on the road this season than the Pittsburgh Pirates who have slammed 88.
- Since the All-Star break, the Giants have the highest NL team batting average at .271.
- The Reds lead the NL with a .274 average leading off an inning.
- The Marlins have the worst average in the NL with runners on base (.241).
- The Reds have the best team ERA in the NL away from home with 3.26.
- The Padres pitchers have the best batting average against batters in the NL leading off an inning at just .230.
- No NL team has allowed fewer 1st inning runs than the Nationals starters who have permitted just 53.
- No NL staff has allowed fewer two-out runs than the Dodgers who have permitted just 176.